01: the Dead Sea
- A drive past Jerusalem to the lowest place on Earth. Also, some Palestinian violence.
02: walls of Jerusalem
- Ancient, medieval, and modern. Sacred and profane.
03: Mitzpe Ramon on Rosh Hashana
- Also, an abandoned Arab graveyard in West Jerusalem.
04: brackish water and sunshine
- At a dubious agricultural operation in the Arava Desert in southern Isræl.
05: into Jordan
- Touring Wadi Rum and checking into a five star hotel in Taybet.
- Visiting the ruins of the ancient city, concluding with an unpleasant exchange with some Gypsy horsemen.
07: snorkeling in Eilat
- Also, eating delicious fish there.
08: driving on an abscessed tooth
- The road from Eilat back to Tel Aviv.
09: Hagia Sofia vs. the Blue Mosque
- The first day in Istanbul.
10: Istanbul Bank Tour
- A tour of Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar, as well as many attempts to get to our cash.
11: Istanbul movie intermission
- Watching a dumb American movie in Istanbul, touring the contemporary art museum, and touring mosques.
12: Luxus in Istanbul
- Yom Kippur at an Al-Qaeda-bombed synagogue followed by dancing to a Turkish jam band.
13: from Atatürk to JFK
- Returning from our vacation in the Middle East.
14: hanging that Turkish lamp
- I jump back into my household projects.
15: reality based roofing
- I haul a hose up onto the roof and turn it on in hopes of finding a leak.
16: overheard at the curry house
- Our typical Redhook diversion.
17: Windows XP and the energy jihad
- But of course it doesn't work as intended.
18: northeast pillar girder
- A productive use of a sunny October day.
19: when you hit a diamond
- A review of a song by Lake Trout and a second girder for the laboratory deck.
20: recreational study assistant
- Not much fun with pseudoephedrine.
21: Jon Stewart is much cleverer
- Catching up on Tivo'd Daily Shows.
22: a case for malaria
- Also, a good quote from Bill Maher.
23: do gooder wiring
- And what to do when the lamp comes with exactly half the hardware you need.
24: cozy copper pipes
- I insulate the pipes connecting the solar panel to the basement.
25: Wilma and obstinate misery
- The remains of a hurricane pass as we continue to not heat our house.
26: go for it policy
- Dog walking and coffee at Onteora Lake.
27: foam crazy
- Running around with a can of Great Stuff.
28: costume shopping in Kingston, NY
- Looking for outfits to transform into Mick Jagger and Yoko Ono.
29: shoes not made for walking
- I make some retro-platform shoes out of my old dress shoes and attend a party dressed as Mick Jagger.
30: up to 45
- I finally attach the solar panel to the solar deck and raise it into position.
31: cozy outdoor hosies
- I insulate the outdoor hoses that connect the solar panel to the indoor heating system.