musings index |
1997 Musings Index
March 1997 |
April 1997 |
April 1997 Musings of the Gus
I discover mechanisms of solitude and resume painting pictures.
back to the top
- 01: Spring, rebirth and contradictions - I am dissatisfied but happy, social but reclusive, humble but arrogant.
- 02: Angela, Angela reprise - Tension mounts when musings-based gossip finds its subject. But in the end the Internet proves useful.
- 03: who am I to them? - I sense a social pathology among certain of the youth of today.
- 04: big bottle of bourbon - My mother visits me with a big bottle of trouble. Also, some Liz Phair gossip and a MAJOR CORRECTION.
- 05: culture clashes at parties - The Malvern Girls come to town and there is a little cultural tension at a Curious Digit Party at my house.
- 06: Ramathon - Big Fun personalities hold a ramen-eating contest on East Market Street in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 07: lunatic reverend - Email battles with a concerned Washington-State do-gooder.
- 08: boycott Infoseek! - I discover that Infoseek now no longer immediately indexes web pages that contain dirty words.
- 09: cold day in April - A few little observations of people and a little more vitriol aimed at Infoseek.
- 10: creativity from circumstances - A ludicrous notion advanced by a suddenly smut-shy search engine is the impetus for a whole new style of writing.
- 11: people who you meet on the Internet - It's a bit of a surprise to discover that those people I communicate with on the Internet have real bodies.
- 12: scene surfing - The solution to stagnation is motivation. Also: a realistic appraisal of the situation.
- 13: sausage party - Austin's birthday party at the Horrid Crash Pad is attended mostly by the vaginally-challenged.
- 14: occupied Jerusalem - Charlottesville, VA: a bakery remade into a bloated burrito stand has lousey atmosphere but cheap eats.
- 15: artistic isolation - I recluse myself in the name of glorious art, but where sings the muse?
- 16: television fuel - At times television can be like the window of a moving car as one drives through the cheesiest part of town.
- 17: the cactus garden - A metaphor to explain the hardiness of my friends.
- 18: coffee cart girls - An appreciation for those who dispense the goods.
- 19: Space Party 1.5 - A party builds to an incredible size late at night at the Dynashack.
- 20: 420 Party '97 - The Horrid Crash Pad comes through on April 20th, the international pot smoker's holiday.
- 21: a dreary day at the dynaSHACK - I find a passed-out Brazilian Girl in my bed.
- 22: documentary of sexual frustration - A decorated table at the Horrid Crash Pad is covered with crude images of large breasted girls.
- 23: hobnobbing with the artistic somebodies - I attend a party honouring Christopher Makos, a famous Warhol photographer.
- 24: more on Makos - I show Christopher Makos some cool stuff on the World Wide Web.
- 25: the sushi and vino diet - All the Christopher Makos build-up comes to a drunken conclusion and I go to bed early.
- 26: Horrid Crash Pad girl-release experiment - In the wake of the Foxfield Races, I take the Amy who works at the Tokyo Rose to the Horrid Crash Pad.
- 27: the flu or something - I'm sick, but I have some thoughts on the War on Drugs.
- 28: afternoon university art opening - Some UVA art openings occur on Mondays.
- 29: filling ancient holes - More than you want to consider when you go to the dentist. I also affect a convincing British accent.
- 30: finally, April - It's been a cold April, but not today.