musings index |
1996 musings index
November 1996 |
December 1996 |
December 1996 Musings of the Gus
What remains of a close friendship entirely disintegrates.
- 01: Needlework digitized - Jessika and Gus continue their game of mutual avoidance, except he phones her.
- 02: Grungy Xeroxes and No Vino - I hate losing things like paint brushes and sleep.
- 03: the endeavour to keep flowers in a jar - A metaphoric discourse on hopeless issues of the heart.
- 04: melodrama with two Italian sisters - Relationship troubles plague one sister while another acts as a therapist.
- 05: A Dodge Dart in Snow - Also, revisiting some troubles that won't go away concerning slacker friends.
- 06: Liberatingly Pathetic - Also, revisiting some troubles that won't go away concerning slacker friends.
- 07: the Party for the Happy Ones - Also, revisiting some troubles that won't go away concerning slacker friends.
- 08: the starkness of winter's isolation - When we cut ourselves off from all we have, can we really expect immediate joy?
- 09: the chore of Masturbation - Not now, that part of my body, I have a headache.
- 10: the first to get pink flamingos - They thought they were on the cutting edge.
- 11: the positive feedback loop of social approval - They thought they were on the cutting edge.
- 12: The fall of useless horses - They thought they were on the cutting edge.
- 13: A paucity of real-world interactions - Upon finding life's purpose in cyberspace, what then of this world of eating, drinking and making love?
- 14: A Tragic Absence in the Life of World Travelers - The man who hitch hikes through West Virginia is nothing like the girl with clean hair on a flight to Hamburg.
- 15: Work-Sleep-Work - There is no life outside the workplace.
- 16: Missing - Among other things, a little silliness with Jen Fariello.
- 17: The Everpresent Macarena - Views on Walmart and the minimum wage and strange dreams of intoxication in the workplace.
- 18: Drinking and Driving in Charlottesville - Tooling around Charlottesville with a ketchup bottle of vino in my hand.
- 19: From the Reserves - Suddenly I find myself putting in a day of work.
- 20: Twenty Dollar Crisis - There is no room for the rational mind when dealing with issues of jealousy.
- 21: a firewall against hate - Normally events like those yesterday would leave me with nascent feelings misogyny. Not this time.
- 22: Charlottesville picobrewery - Nathan VanHooser gets a little help from me in the brewing of beer at his little house on Little High Street.
- 23: news of punk rock carnage - Post Big Fun society is rocked by a car crash.
- 24: what makes for qualitative music theory - My views on the current state of my pathetic musicianship.
- 25: Paranoia in a Pear Tree - A pleasant stab at Christmas followed by harsh and noisy live music in the house of a paranoid redneck.
- 26: the burden of being human - A few thoughts on what to expect from a hairless anthropoid ape in the 1990s.
- 27: watching paint dry - Adventures mostly dictated by the speed with which acrylic paint dries in cool humid conditions.
- 28: a little interfacing - I stay up late into the afternoon and sleep even past midnight.
- 29: my tendencies for obsession - If I motivate myself to do something at all, chances are good that I will at some point develop an obsession.
- 30: power and control and expression - When I say what I say does it curtail my ability to say something else later?
- 31: punk rock new years 97 - broken glass, Carlo Rossi Paisano, Beast Ice, cops and kisses
back to the top