musings index |
1998 musings index
January 1998 |
February 1998 |
February 1998 Musings of the Gus
Forced out of my house by the need for a job and a loss of an Internet connection.
back to the top
- 01: geology discussion - Also, Matthew's birthday party consists of him lying around in his room behind closed doors and somehow visiting his mother.
- 02: rent day - And a few hardware distractions. Also, Jessika has yet to arrive and Rory is writing up a storm.
- 03: Karla Faye Tucker gets the juice - Also, feelings of malaise on a cold rainy spam-filled day. I even have a sore throat/tongue/ear.
- 04: Big King burgers - For a limited time only, these 660 calorie chunks of mad cow cost only 99 cents.
- 05: search for video camera - I ride to the Downtown Mall on a fruitless search for a video camera.
- 06: Burning Airline - Jessika comes into town, and I see a Jawbox-descended band after sneaking into the Tokyo Rose.
- 07: Aquarius Party - A big party at my house to celebrate all our birthdays, complete with punk rock and visits from the cops.
- some photographs from the Aquarius Party, etc.
- 08: day after - The day after the Aquarius Party, we eat bagels and romp on Carter's Mountain.
- 09: tussin in the long room - It's Deya's 21st birthday, so we drink tussin and try mostly unsuccessfully to get her free drinks at Charlottesville's bars.
- 10: Crozet Pizza - We finally get into this world-famous if tiny pizza establishment.
- 11: Live Arts Godzilla - A guy in a green lizard suit entertains Jessika and me at a Downtown Mall theatre.
- 12: how much I hate salsa music - We drink lots of rum and then go to a salsa show at the Tokyo Rose.
- 13: war in the backyard - A group of young afro-americans attempt to crash a nearby frat and cops respond.
- 14: Hoagie buys pizza - Her stocks are doing so well she's offered to help me buyt a new car. In the mean time there's free pizza.
- 15: bratty defiance - A face plate refuses to come loose from my mother's Macintosh.
- 16: don't trust me - I turn 30, and Jen Fariello takes me out for margaritas and fajitas.
- 17: rain rain kill kill - The weather and material loss make me feel something akin to road rage.
- 18: fun with Percocet - It makes me nauseated and anxious, so it's really not so fun.
- 19: warm weather rage - I finally lose my cool on Matthew Hart's infantile behaviour.
- 20: teevee in my room only - Matthew takes his teevee and stereo, and Deya and I are happy to see him go.
- 21: Deya's retarded friends - Deya and I go to the junkyard for cheap car parts and later see Alboth (a sorth of goth band from Switzerland) at the Tokyo Rose.
- 22: I am retarded - My brute-force antics require an afternoon of considered undoing.
- 23: almost utopiaistic - Jessika decides to join Kappa Mutha Fucka.
- 24: marketing myself - It's anathema, but I need a job.
- 25: dead literature and low humour - Shakespeare's language is dead, and so is the literature he wrote. And most American comedy is insultingly bad.
- 26: a fecal donation - I bury my shit on sacred ground.
- 27: end of the month missions - I get a new driver's license, apply for jobs, change my oil, make peace with Matthew and review The Terminator.
- 28: Kafkaesque Columbia, Maryland - A dreadful experience driving to Malvern, Pennsylvania.