musings index |
1998 musings index
February 1998 |
March 1998 |
March 1998 Musings of the Gus
Jessika moves in to take Matthew's place, and she, Deya and I do everything together until I go nuts.
back to the top
- 01: Darting back to Charlottesville - Somehow my Dart completes this daring mission to get Jessika.
- 02: eight track capability - We get a redneck stereo from my old buddy Josh.
- 03: wrong way bus - Jessika and I drink vodka and ride a UVA bus the wrong way. Also, Jatasya hears a half-truth and I get pissed off.
- 04: my 70s, their 80s and 30s - The indelible imprint pop music makes on our childhood.
- 05: Chinese food humour - I return to Staunton with Jessika to fix my mother's Macintosh yet again.
- 06: Johnny & Deya's brother - We meet Deya's brother Deya at the art opening phenomenon. He has a weird friend named Johnny.
- 07: testosterone and tough guys - Matthew Hart is hit in the head by a bottle thrown by cowardly tough guys poisoned by testosterone.
- 08: defective space bag - A defective box of wine cannot be returned and Jessika and I have a fight.
- 09: nearby reservoir - We take advantage of the warm day to visit a nearby reservoir. Later we go to a potato feast.
- 10: too-fast feedback - I don't appreciate Jessika's instant musings responses.
- 11: animal collection gene - The many animals that live with Deya's brother, David.
- 12: Deya's turquoise aversion - Jessika and I dress up in blue-green and parade around the house.
- 13: Snakeoil Medicine Show - We sneak in to a show at the Outback Lodge. Also, I eat a wrap.
- 14: dinner at Deya's - Prior to a trip to Sweden, Deya's mother prepares us dinner at her home near Scottsville.
- 15: layers in a Staunton street - 250 years of history uncovered during street construction in a small Virginia city.
- 16: 80s-style dork - I find myself asking life if this is all there is.
- 17: St. Patrick's Day whiskey - Down to his last 18 percent of a $100 bill, Morgan Anarchy enters blackout.
- 18: Jessika's job interview - Over at the UVA hospital, Jessika applies to become a Central Services technician.
- 19: Mad Dog at Tasha's - While Jessika is out on the town with her parents, Monster Boy and I hang out with another girl on the Corner.
- 20: scary first day of Spring - Thunder and lightning as the Sun enters Aries.
- 21: refrigerator full of forties - At a hip hop party, I get pursued by some angry girls who want to kill me for my anti-Chaz writings.
- 22: Ralph, a Simpson's favourite - In tonight's episode, Ralph Wiggums' character is given much development.
- 23: Monster Boy's place - We track down Monster Boy at his one-room apartment behind K-Mart.
- 24: crank call job hunt - Morgan Anarchy drinks some vino and jokingly calls up places advertising available positions.
- 25: blah blah blah - Jessika finds a case of candles while on a hunt for stuffed animals.
- 26: hard work is fun - Jessika, Morgan Anarchy and I help others on a project to move an antique store across town.
- 27: wild folks disappointed with a slow show - Morgan and Ray yell insults at a couple slow melancholy bands playing at the Tokyo Rose.
- 28: Steve Weiner dies - We receive the news as we cut up a mirror into little triangles.
- 29: Steve Weiner memorial - And I give a candidly mechanistic view of the nature of life and death. I also discuss some issues I have with womenkind.
- 27: dealing with girls - I hate it.
- 31: gay hitchhiker - I pick up a mildly-retarded gay guy and he and I experience a strange dialogue.