musings index |
1998 musings index
August 1998 |
September 1998 |
randomly ever after
September 1998 Musings of the Gus
The drive across the United States to San Diego, and a picture of life in southern California.
back to the top
- 01: money without compromise - How to support yourself doing what you love without selling out and going soft.
- 02: football pomp - A major university town and its irritating para-football rituals.
- 03: travels with Mother - I leave my car under Matt Roger's care and suffer with Kim's mother.
- 04: crossing the Mississippi - Kim and I drive from Ann Arbor, Michigan to St. Louis, Missouri.
- 05:Lawrence, Kansas - Kim and I drive through Missouri to an internet friend's house in Kansas.
- 06: Great Plains - Kim and I drive from Lawrence, Kansas to Santa Rosa, New Mexico.
- 07: mountains and deserts - Kim and I drive from Santa Rosa, New Mexico to Phoenix, Arizona.
- 08: flea crisis - Aunt Rhonda finds a flea on Sophie the Schnauzer.
- 09: southern California - Kim and I drive from Phoenix, Arizona to San Diego, California.
- 10: Pacific Ocean - Kim and I go to Pacific Beach, California and wade out into the Pacific Ocean.
- 11: Cinderella - My girlfriend's strange dysfunctional relationship with her mother and barren aunts.
- 12: cabana occupation - Kim and I finally move into Rita's cabana.
- 13: morning in La Jolla - Kim and I visit this trendy oceanside suburb north of San Diego.
- 14: Radio Bicycle Old Dude -A weirdo on a bike and I paint a picture of an overpass.
- 15: cheap Chinese sandals - I don't have to wear my combat boots everywhere anymore.
- 16: Rosarito Beach - Kim and I have our first genuine experience in the Third World.
- 17: more about Mexico - The Tijuana Wall, Mexican auto insurance, and the massacre of 19.
- 18: multi-headed funk - I experience the Friday blues.
- 19: beach culture & Miss America - I buy a bike, ride a boogie board and watch the Miss America competition.
- 20: Dog Beach - A place for the dogs to swim. It's a good surfing beach too.
- 21: Hansel & Gretel - I figure out the tale that our relationship with Rita most resembles.
- 22: dogs and landlords - It's hard to find a place in San Diego if you have a dog.