01: stuff left by ghosts
- Seeing Storage Wars for the first time.
02: concerned citizen
- Combatting the selfish demands of some animal sanctuary neighbors.
03: tiny cardboard diagrams
- These yield surprisingly accurate full-scale results.
04: outsider recovery art
- Affordable art by residents of a group home for men.
05: exquisite sixer mixer
- The perfect thing to bring when visiting friends.
06: shapes of liquor bottles
- I change my choice of liquor using mostly bottle shape as my guide.
07: triangular details
- Still finishing odd bits of geometry in the greenhouse.
08: hunters of the corn fields
- Gretchen discovers that they do in fact exist.
09: sessions cannot survive the change
- A common payment domain for other domains. And I protest that I am not a deadbeat.
10: gradual winter sunlight
- A slow campaign to remove evergreens south of the house.
11: blue headlight douchebags
- A person with bluish headlights lives up to his douchey first impression.
12: septic mound of Christmas trees
- Ray and his sidekick come to get a tree, though none are very good. Also, pretty low clouds over the Esopus.
13: Yeti and Intervention
- Combining an imperial stout not with food, but with quality reality television.
14: rope-and-chain jujutsu
- Cutting down trees with a rope-and-chain limb saw.
15: Colbert pancake
- In the audience on the set of the Colbert Report.
16: mulberry windfall
- The highway department makes more firewood available from the dead tree in front of our house.
17: peg ladder in the hemlocks
- Cutting lower limbs on nearby hemlocks above the reach of a ladder.
18: really mulberry?
- Now I'm not sure I'm burning mulberry.
19: fake the Baby meat
- Marinated tofu with red spaghetti sauce.
20: laptop on 12 volts
- I can run one off a conventional desktop power supply.
21: late night at Hannaford
- I get ingredients when Gretchen goes on a late-night candy-making jihad.
22: technological digestion
- An infuriating Aiwa stereo from 1998 becomes a pile of reusable pieces.
23: circular painting of Nigel
- Making a less impersonal seasonal gift for Gretchen.
- Organic, and not animal-derived.
25: Christmas, 2010
- Both Jewish and non-Jewish parts.
26: out of the child rearing tunnel...
- ...emerges a reasonably human-like nephew.
27: mash potato soup
- A blizzard doesn't ruin Deborah's dinner party.
28: collage of unfinished sentences
- Toddler in a non-child-proofed living room.
29: mandatory razor change
- Gretchen tires of the shoddy results from my year-old Gillette Fusion razor head.
30: as psychospawn go
- An .AVI of the movie Cyrus.
31: New Years at Skytop
- We spend the night five miles from home.