01: Ring of Fire
- An annual Labor Day Eve spectacle on Great Sacandaga Lake.
02: wooden brake line plugs
- A bush solution to brake problems in the Adirondacks.
03: the Sack & Dagger
- Another couple visits to Wells and a naming idea for a local Irish Pub.
04: Oaxaca Wednesday
- Also: trying to predict what toilet paper will look like from the way it feels on my asshole.
05: panning for gold on the Sacandaga
- You never know until you try.
06: the recycling bin behind Trader Joe's
- Accidentally throwing away too much on the drive back from the Adirondacks.
07: good marijuana mix card
- Partying by myself in the greenhouse upstairs.
08: chaotically-deformed metal
- Fixing the Honda Civic Hybrid's hood as best I can after it was dented by a doomed deer.
09: brakelines and hexagons
- A dirty exploration under my Subaru and mathematically plotting a grid of hexagons on a Google map.
10: doomsday entertainment
- Another outlet for crazy people on television.
11: sweaty September
- Sweating just from walking dogs in the forest.
12: old-dog concern
- Scary thunderstorms pass through and scare more than just Eleanor, the oldest dog.
13: dating Upstate
- Fixing some things for Sarah the Vegan in West Hurley.
14: upgrade to handmade artifact
- Finishing a long-procrastinated painting to be used as the cover art of Gretchen's next book.
15: sour metallic
- Someone passes gas at the Indian restaurant.
16: eat my shit
- What katydids say over and over.
17: Canary Creek hunter platforms
- Also: pulling cable next to wasps.
18: good seeds and bad seeds
- Some are yummy, some are marginally-fruitful, and some are spawn of Satan.
19: easy in the hard
- The ease of importing from MySQL to SQLite.
20: late September harvest
- It's 9-20, so it's time to reap what has been sewn.
21: return of the crazy bear
- The dogs chase the bear who will not be treed. Also, powering through some Lightroom development roadblocks.
22: clear vision of how to proceed
- I reach a long-sought-after milestone in working on my latest (and, up until today, nearly impossible) programming project.
23: tofu skins in Stone Ridge
- The worst dish on the Momiji menu.
24: bear bites dog
- While hiking beyond the Canary Valley, the dogs and I come upon a mother bear with several babies.
25: the mighty Teays
- Some glaciology research on the day before Gretchen's book tour.
26: greenhouse radio pod
- Improving wireless connectivity near the greenhouse.
27: the catfished
- Watching an MTV reality show about people who fall romantically for fake internet identities.
28: small, sharp fragments of shale
- They make my feet tender this late in the barefoot season.
29: Baby Blue
- Exploring the highlands east of the gorge across Dug Hill Road and watching the Breaking Bad finale.
30: seven years of the Baby
- Also, I cook my first meal four days after Gretchen left me on my own.