01: any password I want
- If it's my device, shouldn't I be able to dictate the password policy?
02: snowstorm mobility
- Off to see Thurston Moore on a snowy evening.
03: freezer food in the refrigerator
- Eventually it develops spots of mold.
04: one has to exaggerate characteristics
- A trick to interpreting photographs in paintings.
05: Hannaford tour, 2019
- In pursuit of the best tofu they carry.
06: letting her digestive system sort it out
- Ramona finds a baked good in the snow. Also, a dinner party featuring manicotti.
07: my poor left hand
- It experiences its third assault in three months, and also loses my wedding ring. Also, dinner with prison educators in Highland.
08: over a hundred gallons wasted
- Draining and resoldering a pipe, only to find it still leaks, so I fix it a different way.
09: good thing I'd hoarded those scraps
- A use for scrap pieces of standing-seam roofing.
10: I like peaty
- A unsolicited booze recommendation on a balmy day in December in Red Hook, NY.
11: an uncomfortable temperature that woke me
- Mixing bathing with alcohol and diphenhydramine. Also, some pictures of greater Red Hook in snow.
12: Neville the snuggler
- A cold evening in Hurley.
13: having to plunge twice
- Two toilet traumas, turkeys, and a hitchhiker.
14: tiny vegan portions in Germantown
- Meeting vegan friends at a non-vegan restaurant.
15: a nice place to put drywall scraps
- Also, spending nearly all the daylight on firewood salvaging.
16: last salvage before the storm
- I thought the indoor supply needed yet more perfectly-dry wood.
17: when you're white and know enough not to wear sweat pants
- Dinner party conversation, including how to avoid a criminal record.
18: Neville's day with a deer hide
- And how I got it away from him.
19: flying non-stop to India in coach
- The beginning of a 14 hour flight.
20: winter in Gurugram
- Settling into our hotel in an office-park suburb of Delhi.
21: pharmaceutical mixup in Gurugram
- Gretchen forgets to bring her antidepressant and tries a substitute suggested by a Gurugram pharmacist.
- All the problems from yesterday are solved in Gurugram. And then the Veg Voyage begins.
23: Bharatpur Bird Sancturary
- Bike riding to see wildlife before sunset.
24: Taj Mahal
- A touristy day on the VegVoyages tour.
25: Chand Baori
- Also, a David Lynchian Christmas celebration.
26: there's a limit
- Various events in around Kishangarh castle, including Gretchen's fondness for street puppies.
27: bindis for benefactors
- Doling out pencils and such at two village schools.
28: Jain reunion festival
- Unexpected guests of an event happening in the beautiful Rajasthan village of Ghanerao.
29: mad monkey mother
- Gretchen slightly crosses a line with the wildlife outside a Jain temple.
30: caffeine withdrawal in a Jain temple
- Fortunately I found some Nescafe prior to taking the best tuk-tuk ride ever.
31: caffeine crash in the palace
- The downside of finally making it across a caffeine desert.