musings index |
1997 Musings Index
July 1997 |
August 1997 |
August 1997 Musings of the Gus
Profound disappointment with close friends, and serious repercussions from blunt musings entries leaves me isolated and occasionally demoralized while my web fame grows.
back to the top
- 01: epiphany at the Taco Bell - We of Kappa Mutha Fucka set out to visit Diana and Virginia without the company of our British friend.
- 02: the streets of the East Village - Heroin and alcohol do their annoying things as I experience the hip and trendy part of New York.
- 03: Coney Island freak show - I pass out on the board walk, recover, and eventually enjoy being the only straight guy in a gay bar.
- 04: getting the hell out of that wormy apple - We make it back to Charlottesville with an hour to spare.
- 05: Nicekid revealed - I have a low-wattaged day as I recover from the New York City trip. Virtual life was interesting while I was gone.
- 06: no life'd dork - I spend my unpaid waking hours with my hands on an IP address.
- 07: picture of a redneck family - Also, problems with Atlas, my brother's diet and Matthew Hart's restored pupils.
- 08: crazy trumps tough guy ensemble - I defeat a group of tough guy web critics on the streets of Charlottesville.
- 09: sacrifice for domestic tranquility - A case of historical revisionism.
- 10: the fish of Lake Moomaw - We go visit Matthew Hart's friend CJ, who has a boat on Lake Moomaw in western Virginia. The evening ends with the smoking of a Phillies Blunt.
- 11: bike theft fandango - News of crime in the nighborhood. Also, Matthew makes a chilled soup for a wisdom tooth extractee.
- 12: go see Rory's website - He's getting pretty knockon at the old HTML. Also, the similarity of alcoholics and people on heroin.
- 13: what it takes to be five star - Contrasting two Charlottesville restaurants, some gossip about Deya and her new friend, and the continuing saga of Matthew's ID.
- 14: wet streets - They hiss like frying bacon.
- 15: meatspace manifesto - The usual discontent with my social life and also my taking a few measures to assert my independence and adulthood.
- 16: an unpopularity documentary - We watch Welcome to the Dollhouse, and I bruise my elbow at the Brick Mansion In the Hood.
- 17: men of the heart and guy of the pie - Some links as I recuperate from a damaged elbow.
- 18: fashionably fascist - A pleasant conversation with an older skinhead leader named Wingnut.
- 19: Eric Huffman, nazi skinhead with a pleasant face - I deal with the scariest skinhead of all, a bona-fide self-labeled nazi.
- 20: informational spirtualism - An oddly non-materialist philosophy.
- 21: Kentucky Sunrise - Matthew Hart invents a drink and I discuss the difference between punks and skinheads.
- 22: bowling beside the mullet people - We drink a few beers and bowl a few frames.
- 23: the house is surely haunted - Rory's house turns out to be a well-known Charlottesville haunted house.
- 24: barbecue with quarter keg - Matthew Hart fires up the grill for a Sunday evening of beer, dancing, and mostly vegan cooking.
- 25: humiliation dreams - I find myself being emotionally destroyed in unusually vivid dreams.
- 26: behold your essential nature - A few choice words from a drunk diarest to the opposition.
- 27: the monastic pattern - I can entertain myself fairly well all by myself.
- 28: very surreal stuff - Unknowingly cyberseduced, the Twilight Zone, and rumbles from Elly.
- 29: crashing a law students' party - The Brazilian Girls are visiting for the weekend and Fratville is hopping, so why not crash some parties?
- 30: Haunted House housewarming - Aaron the SHARP gets ridiculed, I make up a nice little violent love song, and hang out with a different crowd in a hot tub.
- 31: Di's demise and free pizza pies - A smushed princess, some free stuff throughout Charlottesville, and unsuccessful train hopping.