musings index |
1997 Musings Index
June 1997 |
July 1997 |
July 1997 Musings of the Gus
More of everything non-virtual, except now there's a modem and cable teevee.
back to the top
- pictures from Kappa Mutha Fucka - frames captured from video.
- 01: moral climate - What's appropriate now may not always be.
- 02: Jessika of the lavender hair - Jessika suddenly appears at Kappa Mutha Fucka.
- 03: quarry personality test - Interesting aspects of our personality are revealed at a regionally important swimming location.
- 04: tubing on the 4th of July - We float down the James and then watch fireworks in Scottsville.
- 05: ! q!$t @ 6!rl - I wrestle with Jessika and dumpster-dive at the Salvation Army.
- 06: fried chicken at most - Jessika leaves for Philadelphia and I become reclusive.
- 07: inevitably Walmart - Drinking fruity girly drinks and driving around in a vintage Chevrolet.
- 08: faux heroin addicts - Some of Matthew Hart's younger friends from Waynesboro.
- 09: unprecedented blank digital canvas - I buy a very big hard drive for my 486.
- 10: mining vinyl - Picking up some old records in Staunton, Virginia.
- 11: defying punk rock orthodoxy - I play classic rock in defiance of punk rock/goth hegemony with remarkably little flack. Also, I get laid.
- 12: party at the dork fraternity - A co-ed fraternity donates some alcohol to Kappa Mutha Fucka.
- 13: rednecks abducted by punks - We pick up three older rednecks at the quarry and bring them back to Kappa Mutha Fucka.
- 14: difficulties with a steering wheel - A steering-wheel puller snaps as I try to repair a broken ignition switch in the Vomit Comet.
- 15: heat & pain - 99 degrees Farenheit and a sore in my mouth.
- 16: a dominatrix calls - Sara Poiron plans to buy a town. Also, rum drinking on a thundery rainy day with a variety of interesting people, including Diana's roommate.
- 17: Rory fallout & car crisis - Rory comes out of blackout and experiences remorse for damage done to Deya's car as a transportation crisis sweeps KMF.
- 18: Tokyo Rose doze - Drinking Rum and listening to dissonant music, I pass out at the Tokyo Rose.
- 19: excitement by the carload - We go visit Jenfariello and Ami Sage at the Brick Mansion in the 'Hood. Also, about our neighbor, Nigel the Pekingnese dog.
- 20: taking Kappa Mutha Fucka home to mother - We all go hang out at Muellers' Mountain for the day to see nature, horses, chickens and my family.
- 21: pirated cable - We get some free teevee channels.
- 22: cooking channel - The television raises its menacing glowing head.
- 23: weather and advertising - I'm told why I should be miserable, and for the most part I am.
- 24: the girl across the street - We chat with Katherine and her elderly landlord Minga; they live across the street.
- 25: day full of passions - I become irate at my housemates and one of the supporters of Chaz critiques my website.
- 26: Pink Flamingos and Pink Grapefruit - We drink booze and watch a famous John Waters film in the run-down Jefferson Theatre on Charlottesville's Downtown Mall.
- 27: Poollapolooza - We trespass in a number of pools after midnight.
- 28: Lightening and Coronas - A trip to the quarry is cut short by a big storm. Escaping the heat, we drink ice beers and Coronas.
- 29: Six Million Dollar Memories - I watch some old SciFi from my childhood and a boxing match too.
- 30: online community of hysteria - A relationship is discovered between the style of page design and temperament of the designer.
- 31: Musings' birthday link farm - I direct you to some cool sites and I see Nemo actually walk!