musings index |
1997 Musings Index
February 1997 |
March 1997 |
March 1997 Musings of the Gus
I reunify with long lost chums both in the real world and over the Internet while my health and job security deteriorate and my social life stagnates.
back to the top
- 01: em...excuse me, but that web page is forged - News of an old college nemesis' complaint to the webmaster and a discussion of accents and racism in Charlottesville.
- 02: tussin's effects on painters and models - Tussin makes it possible to sit still for hours but it limits motivation essential for the creative process.
- 03: weather as horrid as any crash pad - I catch up on my sleep.
- 04: skatechat - Sam 'n' Ellas bogs down so blixa and I hang out instead in a web chat where freaky athletes talk boastfully of their penis sizes.
- 05: families of armageddon - The world falls apart while the youth of today begin to settle down into traditional roles.
- 06: disease, deficiencies, and contagion - As my body falls apart all I can think to do is work and sleep.
- 07: as though they never left - Ghosts of Charlottesville's past come back to haunt the streets.
- 08: post industrial tussin trip to the Rivanna River - A Malvern contingent, Monster Boy, and the Brazilian Girls accompany me on foot all the way to a desolate factory's corpse.
- 09: Jamie Dyer at the Escafé - The Malvern contingent, Monster Boy and I attend a performance of the musician who introduced Malvernians to Charlottesville.
- images of Malvernians and Monsterboy at the Escafé - still video frames shot on March 9th.
- 10: March malaise - I pass the day in a state of intense malaise.
- 11: examined by a Charlottesville dentist - I finally do something about my dreadful gum condition.
- 12: living as if in Walter Miller's Homepage - While reading of the antics of Walter Miller's Grandfather, I perform a strange physical stunt of my own.
- 13: Staunton Mall on a weekday is a sideshow - I am amazed at the physical peculiarities of the people I see at the Shopping Mall of my youth.
- 14: dorky ravers who like goths - Monster Boy receives obsequiousness and food for being a cool goth dude.
- 15: Pisces Party - A lavish affair held east of Charlottesville for the town's cool people.
- 15: Pisces Party; Bn's story - Bn gives his own account of the Pisces Party.
- 16: success with brand disloyalty - Adventures surrounding unproductive searches for food, vino as a stand-in for tequila, and a huge bag of flavoured corn chips.
- 17: The Mentors and other sexual stuff - Folks from different parts of my life keep running into the members of a particularly offensive heavy metal band.
- 18: chess games in Goth Central - I find myself playing and being humiliated by a game I don't particularly like anymore.
- 19: social castration - I keep getting stuck in the same ruts with exclusive social groups.
- 20: therapy, the Necronomicron, and religious mentionings - Writing helps me face and ultimately live with my problems (for now) while H.P. Lovecraft almost makes me puke.
- 21: old friends and lots of liquor - Jatasya Season is in full effect and friends are home for Spring Break. So we go get lots of liquor.
- 22: the ups and downs of social obligations - Some people irritate me with their familiarity while others easily transcend their nostalgic value.
- 23: weirdness abounds - Reviews of a lunar eclipse and animated films such as Alchemist of the Surreal.
- 24: Thoughts on Mad Cow Disease - The price we pay for cheap abundant food.
- 25: vegetarians against the apocalypse - I'm so disturbed by the folly of the beef industry that I begin to proselytize for the cause of vegetarianism.
- 26: ALIEN SPACE CRAFTS CONFIRMED (in a dream) - I use the scientific method to test whether my father and I saw the same hovering ships.
- 27: why Wade Apartments sucks - Imaginative lawn decorations are not allowed by a Wertland Street landlord.
- 28: if I abandon my friends... - I can't really expect much of a social life when I deny myself every opportunity to socialize.
- 29: through my evenings and into my dreams - A dream, some drinking, punk rocking, a rave, and a dream that was actually reality.
- 30: social slavery - All about feeding, entertaining, abiding, and ditching friends.
- 31: out like a lion - The wind howls while I walk around the Corner with a youthful contingent.