musings index |
1997 Musings Index
April 1997 |
May 1997 |
May 1997 Musings of the Gus
Conflicts with skinheads builds to a crescendo, resulting in my eviction from the Dynashack.
back to the top
- 01: Dodge Dart, rock central - Some stuff about Mods and I finally install the speakers in my car.
- 02: strange trio - A peculiar contingent consisting of Monster Boy, myself and my mother having fun on a Friday night.
- 03: grace with a bottle of bourbon - Not wanting to persist in the lifestyle of a drunk, I start experimenting with restraint.
- 04: same wonderful person as before - Theresa is just as fun as ever as we watch the movie Bad Taste.
- 05: incident in Taco Bell - Matthew Hart's on-again-off-again-lesbian-girlfriend-now-wife, Leah, is outraged by the price of tomatoes.
- 06: fences and neighbors - Hurricane Fran continues to howl its way through the most local form of politics.
- 07: preparations for spring cleaning - I confront the horror that is my room.
- 08: Colt 45s at a Corner art opening - John flavours his show with a bit of faux low-class culture.
- 09: Space Party II - Lots of people, some of whom should probably die, attend a huge party at the Dynashack.
- 10: Big Fun reunion - Things get predictably crazy at Big Fun when we decide to visit the old farm house and wallow in nostalgia.
- 11: a stabbed nazi in the hospital - On a lark the Malvern Girls visit Eric the Huffanator Huffman in the university hospital.
- 12: half gallon of vodka - Smelly gutter punks get extremely drunk yet again.
- 13: antisocial catchup - Catching up on things missed this weekend.
- 14: as much as I have to offer - One too many nights of drunks on my porch.
- 15: spacecrafts repaired at shopping mall - I help some space aliens find their way home.
- 16: I went back to Ohio - A solo road trip to Oberlin, Ohio in my Dodge Dart to visit old friends and pick up some works of art.
- 17: Sundew in Tank - After coming all this way, I hang out with a Charlottesville acquaintance.
- 18: Rippy and the hippies - I realize how far I've come since my days in Oberlin.
- photos from the Oberlin trip - captured frames from video.
- 19: transmountain - The Dodge Dart runs hot but does its job without complaint.
- 20: the Dynashack is not party central - A house meeting reaches consensus that my friends cannot hang out when I'm absent.
- 21: Observatory Street House - A possible future home is examined.
- 22: Josh Mustin, pizza hound - This time he narrowly misses his prey.
- 23: abortion: a happy ending - Morgan Anarchy's spawn will never see the light of day, and the girl still bearing it celebrates with dank nugs and liquor.
- 24: big dumb skinhead - A belligerent nazi introduces chaos into my scene.
- 25: evicted - The housemates decide that I'm making their lives uncomfortable and they kick me out of the Dynashack.
- 26: homeless - Dealing with the seedy life, living very much on the streets of Charlottesville.
- 27: good paper impression - Turning in an application that gives the false impression I'm a tidy tenant. I also avoid skinheads when they are sighted.
- 28: house rented - We sign the paperwork and pay the money to rent our next home, 129 Observatory Avenue.
- 29: healthy chickens and depressed rednecks - A visit to Staunton yields some colourful observations.
- 30: a tough guy with a survival instinct - Craziness trumps toughness on the Downtown Mall. Also, more thoughts on my former housemates.
- 31: party at the big brick mansion in the hood - I go with a contingent of gutter punks and goths to Sam's birthday party at the anomalous Jeffersonian structure.