musings index |
1996 index |
1997 index |
Musings of the Gus: 1997
A gradual accumulation of wealth, skills and web notoriety; meanwhile the real world continues with its dissolute friends, thuggish enemies, and a diversity of short-term lovers.
- January 1997 - Under the influence of a motivated young woman I find myself becoming more like an average American every
- February 1997 - My social life is gradually taken over by a contingent of goths.
- March 1997 - I reunify with long lost chums both in the real world and over the Internet while my health and job security
deteriorate and my social life stagnates.
- April 1997 - I discover mechanisms of solitude and resume painting pictures.
- May 1997 - Conflicts with skinheads builds to a crescendo, resulting in my eviction from the Dynashack.
- June 1997 - Establishing a new place on Observatory Avenue and being asexual in the presence of three couples.
- July 1997 - More of everything non-virtual, except now there's a modem and cable teevee.
- August 1997 - Profound disappointment with close friends, and serious repercussions from blunt musings entries leaves me
isolated and occasionally demoralized while my web fame grows.
- September 1997 - The internet has increasingly tangible effects on my part of meatspace: from romance to violence to computer
hardware. Also, big social upheavals: Rory has a car accident and Leah breaks up with Matthew.
- October 1997 - Avoiding real world intimacy in favour of freedom and creative inspiration.
- November 1997 - I withdraw even further from the real world as Matthew Hart gets lost in his strange new relationship. Also, I begin to see sex as an impediment to social goals.
- December 1997 - I stop working at Comet when it ceases to exist, and I begin working at home, which is now home to a dog and bird as well as a cat. Also, I reign in my womanizing just a little bit.