01: camera omens
- First day in Glasgow with a temperamental camera.
02: tourists in Glasgow
- Gretchen and I visit some museums and, again, the 13th Note.
03: hitchhiking to Ballachulish
- Gretchen and I successfully try hitchhiking in Scotland.
04: the pipers of Ft. William
- After a day traveling in and around Glen Coe, we ende up at a bed and breakfast in Onich.
05: Mallaig, Scotland
- It even makes Fort William seem exciting and cosmopolitan.
06: fun with Norwegians
- We meet a Norwegian couple while hitchhiking on Skye and later drink with them at a Portree pub.
07: north to Lairg
- Hitchhiking from northern Skye to northern Scotland in a day.
08: myopia in Lairg
- I become aware of nascent myopia while sitting at the dinner table of a Scottish bed and breakfast.
09: rusty nails in Dunblane
- We go home with a hotel front desk clerk.
10: vegetarian haggis
- Yet another big breakfast in Scotland, this time in Dunblane.
11: vaults of Edinburgh
- We tour them during the Edinburgh Festival.
12: Scottish Parliament
- It's controversial, but it works with me.
13: stuck outside Peebles
- Our hitchhiking in Scotland grinds to a halt.
14: Pakistani bagpipers
- We stumble into a strange celebration of Pakistani independence south of the River Clyde.
15: hummus through security
- Could a Middle Eastern chick pea paste be a bomb? Perhaps not, if you can eat it.
16: multiple jihads
- The greatest burden of a vacation always comes after it ends.
17: a better Picasa web export
- Fixing it up on the fly, server-side.
18: beseeched by a hummingbird
- I can't fake a red flower for a hummingbird with my lips, but I can be reminded by a hummingbird to refill its feeder.
19: thriving tomatoes
- They're sending runners across the lawn.
20: justify the continued occupation
- What to do when you're listening to good talk radio but are done with the menial task you began while listening to it.
21: professional soldering
- I'd be at a loss without my DOM dump script.
22: step fairy
- I build a set of steps for the neighbor as part of the appreciation owed her for dog sitting.
23: funnier with a Scottish accent
- Watching So I Married an Axe Murderer and women's basketball.
24: early stories involving poo
- Some of our earliest memories are of us being mortified by our bodily functions.
25: new glasses
- Also, seeing a performance of Arm of the Sea Theater.
26: where does silicon come from
- And where does hydrogen come from? Cheap energy, my friend.
27: need a more professional finish
- Hacking a USB WiFi adapter into a Compaq Evo.
28: civic contribution buzz
- I experience mild euphoria after appearing for a failed jury selection.
29: obeying the DMCA
- Or just using a Mac and failing to.
30: tiny keyboard bones
- Fun with a ThinkPad keyboard.
31: plastic shape treasure hunt
- Looking for a specific shape to use as a cover for the Multiport thingie on the top lid of my Compaq laptop.