01: antly virtues
- Splitting wood and inadvertently destroying the homes of ants.
02: complete culture of misery
- A woman shows her bare arms to inmates at a New York State prison.
03: lawless slave country
- Quart crystals, cheap Chinese electronics, and muscle relaxers.
04: write your own regulations
- From RIAA to Blackwater, the abuses of self-regulation are clear.
05: a squirrel tests Marie
- A squirrel population explosion leads to unusually bold squirrels.
06: surprisingly large volumes of mental space
- Promoting Gretchen's new chapbook, withstanding rain in Woodstock.
07: leisurely festivity of a Sunday afternoon
- A hike in the woods and watching football.
08: nonsense in alien hieroglyphs
- Gretchen gets lost in the woods again.
09: someone years ago in high school and now someone's in prison
- Sometimes a guy just has to talk.
10: American Chestnuts
- I find a nut-bearing American Chestnut in the nearby forest.
11: automatically quantifying the pace of change
- I build an automatic version calculator.
12: flat plate collector
- I pick up another solar panel in Bainbridge.
13: brief liftimes of most products
- Why should I care whether you're still selling your product when I go to use it?
14: funny fittings, escaping fittings, and new cameras
- I encounter metric plumbing and take note of new theft deterrent cameras at the Kingston Lowes.
15: DIY lathe
- Making metric plumbing adapters with a drill press.
16: vehicular vaporware
- I critique a stupid BMW ad in the New Yorker.
17: used to have a tree
- Buiding discreetly with pre-finished components.
18: insufferable braggart
- Imagining the delight of Osama bin Laden at the systematic dismantling of American rule of law.
19: needs of all the retards
- Watching MythBusters and Anderson Cooper.
20: bears come down from a tree
- I stick around while they come down out of a tree.
21: problem brand
- Local Republicans tout their column in the polling booth, not their party.
22: computers into shivs
- I attend a meeting in Albany concerning computer labs in a college-level educational prison program.
23: slot grabbing headaches
- Trying to secure a solar panel using nothing but the shallow slots provided in its frame.
24: OS usability matrix
- What Linux will work on which old hardware?
25: a focus on means
- Deciding to build an elaborate and temporary lift system for the new solar panel.
26: temporary pulley lift
- I build a mechanism to hoist an eighty pound hot water solar panel up to my roof.
- Also, I see Queen Latifah at the splendid UPAC performance space.
28: hot ridge roof air
- I poke a hole in the roof ridge and discover a great source of solar heated air.
29: road to Woodbourne
- The inside of Woodbourne Correctional Institution in Upstate New York.
30: what the heavens have provided
- Throwing stuff down from the solar deck.
31: asymmetrical nature of traceability
- When public radio gives out tips for avoiding arrest.