01: interchangeable hands
- A Honda windshield wiper blade fits a Subaru, who knew?
02: David Pogue annoys me
- Why Nova: Science Now is so much better than Nova: Making Stuff.
03: better ignitor
- And made in America, fuck yeah!
04: undo and redo
- How I use undo to remind myself. And other methods for coping with the limits of cognition while programming something complicated.
05: DVD and muscle relaxers
- Running errands for Gretchen while she recovers from a pulled leg muscle.
06: IE7 is even suckier than the other IEs
- Looking at my database mapper in other browsers.
07: questions from a cat
- Distracted by felines in the laboratory.
08: ozone throat
- Fun with a boiler ignitor and possibly figuring out why the household boiler keeps regurgitating antifreeze.
09: cold day in the asteroid belt
- Wasting time waiting for tires to be installed.
10: last IPA in the keg
- At the Skytop Steakhouse during some local realtor convention.
11: time for a solar controller upgrade
- Homebrewing an Arduino controller and committing myself to the use of cables, among other things.
12: fun with I2C
- New serial technologies sure make wiring digital circuits easy.
13: successful slave
- My nascent new solar controller gets a second core across the I2C network.
14: LCD Valentine
- I give graphical powers to my new solar controller.
15: strings in a hostile world
- Passing delimited data between a master and a slave Arduino.
16: top shelf birthday
- Turning 43 with friends in the Rondout.
17: suspect in a diesel crime investigation
- A state trooper is led to my house by a piece of evidence I'd dropped in a crime scene.
18: indistinguishable from springtime
- A late February heat wave.
19: solar controller code migration
- Better than expected success in moving old solar controller code to the new platform.
20: to deciminutes and back
- Interfacing a real time clock with my solar controller's built-in sense of the passage of time.
21: no more snow please
- Also: last little bits of hardware work on Solar Controller III.
22: wood electronics case
- I decide to put Solar Controller III in a wooden case.
23: installing Solar Controller III
- And the fussiness of capacitance across a 100 foot serial cable.
24: ignored demographic
- What it's like to not have ads target at you while watching mainstream television.
25: when not to cover funk
- When your band is made up of aging hippies and you use Nananananah as a chorus.
26: how to measure the level of a fluid
- I imagine doing it with an ultrasonic range finder, a strain gauge, and even a potentiometer.
27: might as well be 1982
- The retail situation when you need an integrated circuit immediately.
28: bloody cat donnybrook
- Julius and Nigel go at it.