01: smart phone to Accord
- Whole swaths of plot devices are being ruined for the makers of future narratives.
02: extra diameter that comes with winter coats
- Waiting around in a restaurant for a table to clear.
03: HoJo Motor
- Strip mining American ignorance with the help of SEO.
04: realizing I must poison
- What I decided to do when Advance Auto Parts told me my bad battery was actually good.
05: battery fluid replacement experiment
- Replacing the sulfuric acid solution of a failing car battery fails to make it work any worse.
06: comes down to the employee
- What it takes to actually get your battery warranty honored.
07: proof still isn't definitive
- Mole Mole might actually be a good restaurant.
08: quick semi-ironic meal
- An easy drive down to Silver Spring from Hurley, NY.
09: fat milestone
- Trouble fitting into trousers with a 32 inch waistband.
10: National Cathedral
- It's not anywhere near as impressive as what we saw in Rome. Also, a bad liquor cabinet.
11: riesling at noon
- It ends up making the rest of the day a dine-in kind of affair.
12: dog walking at the Suffern rest area
- There's a little brook were the slope becomes gentle enough to climb.
13: septic field pines
- I begin cutting some of them down for fear of what they might do to the field.
14: big truck to Hudson
- We go north to see a movie about Whiteness.
15: reviews from my drunk self
- I do not enjoy the movie entitled Antichrist.
16: sleet and trashy teevee
- Nancy and I drive through a sleet storm for trashy teevee and unsatisfactory vegan pizza.
17: karmic churn
- Gretchen has a bad day, and not just because the Thai food tasted like soap.
18: PIPA/SOPA web blackout
- The web goes black for regulatory sanity.
19: Gretchen's forty-first
- A tiny painting, some snow, and a very very bitter India pale ale.
20: advantages to old houses
- Wood ages better than drywall and particleboard.
21: animatronic rictus
- The baby at a dinner party.
22: diarrhea and dinner guests
- Our cat treats our friends to two different revolting episodes during their several-hour visit.
23: trapezoid-shaped void
- Where my phone goes in the void between monitors in my monitor array.
24: caffeine and valium
- Not a good combination: it destroyed my ability to form logical thoughts.
25: alternative route for hot air
- Cat isolation forces me to cut a hole in a wall.
26: Bruce the pit bull visits for the weekend
- Also: proactive about exercise at least while my gut remains this big.
27: caulk and rare earth magnets
- Finshing the ends of exposed drywall and organizing the non-digital pieces of my life.
28: Windex and ribbons
- A crowd at the Indian buffet and Gretchen is forced to upgrade her copy of Office.
29: zip ties and Saugerties
- Putting the car back together and driving north to a book reading.
30: bolting things down
- Fighting my instinct to not limit my options is one of my biggest struggles.
31: SSH tunnel hell
- A tight security regime forces me to learn more than I ever wanted to about multi-hop SSH.