01: power outage at home and at work
- I leave work early because I can't get anything done there.
02: a methy evening in Saugerties
- Things get so weird there that we retreat to the Hudson Valley Mall.
03: had I seen an ad for adderall
- A little white ash gathering and Gretchen's website actually gets hacked.
04: white privilege and pussy pasta
- A sendoff for Morning Dave and spending nearly $30 when buying a $1 plate.
- Suddenly our house is full of heat pumps.
06: math skills and the employees of Home Depot
- In a situation where creativity and math skills would prove useful, Home Depot employees don't have what it takes.
07: avoiding pipes in the slab
- Drilling a hole through the radiant slab for drainage.
08: slurping away the clay
- Getting the new drain to work in the boiler room.
09: not quite as bad as Waiting for Godot
- Fun with an open circuit breaker box and suffering through a series of performances of community theatre.
10: wiring across finished ceiling joists
- Running wire in a finished basement is slow and dirty work.
11: quick disconnnect never connect
- A fly in the split wiring ointment.
12: judging by how yarfy the dogs became
- A walk at dusk with the dogs isn't enough to wear them out. Also, finishing the most dangerous part of the recent electrical wiring.
13: revisiting Minitool Partition Wizard
- I'd somehow forgotten that the free EaseUS tool is a piece of junk.
14: back from Boise
- It's pronounced 'boy-see'.
15: understanding the circuit breaker ecosystem
- They're both more and less interchangeable than you might think.
16: craving trashy Mexican food
- Cancuns in Red Hook totally hits the spot.
17: effective dowsing
- Looking for a magnet through 3/4 inch of OSB.
18: Ramona in the Gunther Room
- Neville with a deer hoof and solving the mystery of where Ramona went.
19: sometimes you just have to cut a hole
- Trying to snake all the wire you need to run is all well and good until trying to do it starts eating up your evening.
20: fox surveillance
- Encountering the local wildlife hoping to spy on Ramona.
21: watching Anneke van Giersbergen age
- Drinking and watching YouTube videos after my boss gets mad at me.
22: a pizza arrives at Two Ravens
- This Uptown Bar doesn't actually have any food any more, so a pizza gets ordered.
23: Big Fun Morgan at Tubby's
- I hadn't seen him in 17 years. In that time, he'd had a kid, quit drinking, and launched a successful music career.
24: good thing I didn't use that SSD
- If you don't keep all that much of your changing data on your boot drive, it's easier just to regress back to a known good installation, even one as old as a year, than to install a Windows operating system from scratch.
25: why was I so sleepy?
- Mystery desire to curl up into a ball and sleep after eating black bean salad and trashy Tostitos corn chips.
26: late November bats and moths
- It's a little warm for this time of year. Also, Gretchen experiences some FOMO.
27: Denisovans and tardigrades
- Talking with the inlaws after work the day before Thanksgiving.
28: Thanksgiving 2019
- Gretchen's parents come with us to Brooklyn. Also: Ashley tells me about her White House tour back in the George W. Bush administration.
29: wiring above the Gunther room
- Using several tools, including one made just for this project.
30: trends with light fixtures
- Some of them no longer accept bulbs.