01: when one smells feces
- Expensive rum and not inexpensive ice coffee
02: for those who don't conform
- Scotland Yard and Cobalt Café in the San Fernando Valley.
03: distinctly male jewelery
- Caffeine and WiFi in Los Angeles.
04: when ducks cry
- A duck relocation fiasco.
05: faces made for programming
- A cafeteria where all the tables are nerd tables.
06: powerline corridor land use in Los Angeles
- Parkland, nurseries, and, nearby, rental property.
07: drivetime radio
- Right wingers, etc., on the Los Angeles freeway commute.
08: somehow wearing
- The Ragin Cajun in Redondo Beach.
09: impostor on the empty sidewalks
- Even with a cellphone pressed to my head on the streets of the San Fernando Valley.
10: Hollywood tour
- Mike gives a tour of the places to get drunk and stupid. And I measure a dive bar by its number of fecal smears.
11: Woodland Hills trashcan burrito
- Dining at the only non-franchise business in Woodland Hills.
12: actually climb up the tree
- By tree, I actually mean an HTML DOM object.
13: authentic San Fernando Valley cuisine
- I'm talking about Chili's of course.
14: agri-technical lilypads
- Looking down at the fossil-fuel-to-food grid as I fly over the Great Plains.
15: porcupine country below the falls
- Back home finally after my first Los Angeles work trip.
16: lawncare jihad
- Also, Gypsy Moths return to the Catskills.
17: roof ridge ladder hooking
- I improvise a roof ridge ladder hook using a ladder stabilizer and casters.
18: tod siege
- Strangely beautiful piano coming from my house.
19: thunder siege
- Sally, freaking out about a thunderstorm, nearly jumps into my car from the outside as I'm rolling its windows up.
20: only insofar as it is independent
- Trouble with my local radio station web development gig.
21: self-sabotagingly tight-fisted
- A radio station president notorious in Ulster County.
22: core issue about computer programming
- The difference between computer bugs and unprofessionalism.
23: calves like cones
- A drive through the Catskills to pick up a solar panel.
24: the place she puts such bags
- Dogsitting and purchases on an early summer day.
25: pretty fucking bleak
- Reflecting on Snowball Earth.
26: occasional bright orange salamander
- A rainy day in June and a stranger on the Stick Trail.
27: default plan to kill
- A wet cat in the flooding waters of Esopus Creek in Hurley.
28: rivulets flowing with bone-chilling water
- Winds from the east and ice cold runoff.
29: up to the Adirondacks
- Visiting Gretchen at her writers' residency.
30: moss toilet paper
- What public defecation in the boreal forest can teach you.