01: better downspout
- Also a little history of drainage work at the house.
02: pack it out
- Our no dirty diapers in the kitchen trashcan policy.
03: emptiness in Uptown
- Kingston doesn't seem to be doing too well on this particular First Saturday.
04: heat of July
- The summer's first serious heat wave begins.
05: bad Thai in Rhinebeck
- A failed attempt to pick up a Wilma replacement.
06: the Malthusian hellscape
- Getting another cat out of a depressing animal shelter.
07: Nigel outside
- And we worry that he's lost for good.
08: not coyotes but deer
- The agent of last night's depredations.
09: now for experimental purposes
- I swap out my WiFi router.
10: celebratory advantage
- It cools down so I take a bath.
11: winning the tomato race
- A goofy self-imposed competition with the local CSA.
12: King's Mall Stonehenge
- A weird stone structure on Kingston's motor mile.
13: high definition revolution
- We get a huge teevee and HD Dish Network on the same day.
14: watched tomatoes
- Never turn red. Also, our new cat Nigel turns out to like to piss on random objects.
15: mostly just unafraid
- Nigel vs. Deborah's dog Juneau.
16: attachable funnel
- The things one can make with plastic bottles that used to hold cheap gin.
17: excessive testing for marginal conditions
- Why we didn't order up a blood test for our new cat Nigel.
18: oddball manifestation tour
- Entertaining aging houseguests.
19: katydids and gutters
- And a crazy summer thunderstorm.
20: must filter ads
- You can't safely visit bittorrent search engines these days without filtering out the infectious things that want to take over your computer.
21: mauling mystery solved
- A smaller version of Eleanor's mauling happens again, and this time I catch the perpetrator.
22: Obama is Hitler
- Ray and Nancy move into their new house while a LaRouchie demonstration goes on down the street.
23: don't just return
- I'd prefer to find a fix than to reflexively return something that I buy that doesn't work.
24: Goodwill and Salvation Army
- Ray and I go yard saling and end up at Kingston's thrift stores.
25: a better way to watch computer files
- I add a general-purpose computer to the home theatre.
26: blankets in July
- Also, reaching out for another brand of IPA.
27: teevee enough for me
- A good remote for an HDTV-attached PC.
28: constipated clay-rich
- Sand is always an improvement for our yard soil.
29: scales of the fractal of the song
- Jim James and other rock and rollers, mountaintop removal, and the smell of dogs after eating disgusting things.
30: excruciatingly hot
- Too much jalapeño pepper can make a bagel taste like a bar of soap.
31: Rhinecliff near a wedding
- We have Chinese food very close to Chelsea Clinton's wedding.