01: May Day in Kingston
- Autism photography and new canopies for Uptown.
02: gluttons for repair
- Chainsaws always need maintenance. Also, the Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
03: green thumb Tuesday
- I plant some of the garden and cut the lawn for the first time this year.
04: jihad Wednesday
- Cleaning the house so our house sitter will have a nice place to be while we're in Rome, Italy.
05: to Rome
- Flying to Rome to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our engagement.
06: Roman Pantheon
- Walking around the streets of Rome with jet lag.
- Mostly on the other side of Rome's Tiber River.
08: ancient Rome
- The Forum, Indian food, and the Coliseum.
09: little Ethiopia
- Another little break from the pasta, this time with the cuisine of one of Italy's former colonies.
10: in the ghetto
- In the Jewish Ghetto and also in Trastevere in Rome.
11: Caravaggio hunt
- But could only see them at one of three possible places.
12: to Tuscany
- A great train ride, a busride fiasco, and a four hour meal.
13: Via dei Gatti
- A relaxing day of wine and pasta in Montepulciano, Italy.
14: killing time in Montepulciano
- Between pasta and pizza in an Etruscan hilltown.
15: if large intestines could drive
- A cab ride from Montepulciano to Chiusi.
16: Death Star customs
- Is it just me, or getting back into America become a little like getting onto the Death Star?
17: dead turtling warbler
- I find a corpse on the laboratory deck and use to clues to deduce how it died.
18: kafkaesque non-fantasy land
- Driving fifty miles for nothing.
19: planting tomatoes, 2011
- Jetlagged and rained out, but still able to do something horticultural.
20: DVR fiasco
- Select all in the VIP722 selects all movies in the file system, not just those in the present hierarchy. Whoops!
21: big cake birthday
- After over 70 people are scheduled to attend our friend Jenny's birthday party, Gretchen has to multiply the cake recipe by a larger factor.
22: cat fur jihad
- Removing a huge ball of cat fur from Sylvia. Also: Dual Survival.
23: death of channel surfing
- I try to do it with a modern HDTV DVR and am disappointed.
24: organ meats on my feets
- A bad new habit of Stripey the Cat.
25: de facto five volt connector
- USB should be everywhere just for this.
26: three weeks of entropy
- Also, Ray seems to like the prospect of a new job down in the city he just moved out of.
27: Oberlin, 2011
- Going to 'our' college reunion.
28: pizza in Oberlin
- Hanging out with new people roughly my age in Lorenzo's.
29: Mudd Library café
- And other fine things for better-off Oberlin students.
30: red-headed Toughskins model
- Scream-crying over Lake Erie.
31: sheets of plastic
- The only effective solution to problem cats.