01: Los Gemelos
- For the first time I experience some Galapagos rain. Later I weaken substantially in the bad air of Quito.
02: suntanned and sick
- In bed all day in a hotel in Old Town, Quito.
03: down the Napo River
- I'm feeling better just in time for the beginning of the Amazonia leg of our trip.
04: better than the Eiffel Tower
- An impressive three-tower structure in the middle of the rain forest.
05: wooden jungle tower
- Far up in a massive tree watching birds at Sacha Lodge.
06: Carnival in Coca
- Checking into a hotel in Coca and meeting its various tame animals taken from the rain forest. Also, Gretchen eats pasta served with a sauce made of ketchup.
07: across Panama and Cuba
- We fly north back to New York and find it's not as cold as the way we left it.
08: careful with that ecommerce
- I learn a valuable lesson while cross-checking internet retailers.
09: special purpose scripts and little programs
- Dealing with the heavy load of images brought back from Ecuador.
10: failed improvisation for a truck battery
- I prove incapable of charging it with a computer power supply.
11: Kingston's Spanish-language infrastructure
- A guy named Javier buys us a round of drinks at La Pupuseria.
12: is KaZaA dying?
- I ask this question when forced to turn to Gnutella for what I want.
13: shooting at the mall
- Someone goes crazy with am assault rifle locally.
14: boneheadedly medieval
- I read that article about religious education in Staunton public schools. Also, I find a great new online mapping system.
15: therapeutic slope
- I'm reminded of the value of south-facing slopes when walking down the Stick Trail.
16: thirty seven
- Celebrating my birthday on the annoying side of the Hudson.
17: preliminary fun at 24 dB
- Pointing a powerful parabolic WiFi antenna at the neighbors.
18: what's a page?
- Yet another tale from the frontlines where old ladies battle modern GUIs.
19: common difficulty with protein
- Flagrant flatulence at the Ro-Lin lanes.
20: sick of the Pixies
- Smoking pot, taking a bath, and changing the music whenever the Pixies come on.
21: dismal cycle
- Brain freezes, species of snow, and fun with demagoguery.
22: acclimation in the snow
- A mention of a band called Snow Patrol and a walk through the snow with the aggressive dog of a friend.
23: my archive of Macintosh software
- I write about the good old days of software collecting and show pictures of my old collection (as well as some of the tools I used).
24: perversion of empathy
- The differences in the empathic systems of Republicans and Democrats.
25: unmarried species
- Snapper McGee's in Uptown Kingston, NY.
26: meatless fun
- A barn raising for recued pigs and a benefit for local cats and dogs.
- We wouldn't have watched, but our friend Peter made a game of it.
28: anything but appetizing
- Two movie reviews and an anniversary dinner.