01: queue of approaching apocalypses
- Stephen Colbert makes history and the Peak Oil apocalypse draws closer.
02: prolonged famine
- The kind suffered by an obscenely overweight population.
03: my own flushless urinal
- I take a stab at simplifying my frequent urination ritual.
04: rat poison pumped
- The greater evil: Zacarias Moussaoui or Dick Cheney?
05: increasingly Soviet model
- String Theory, reading the White House tea leaves, and some retro computing fun.
06: how to say junta
- Thinking about the CIA and listening to the VOA.
07: Holy Syringe
- People praying for oil prices to go down.
08: camping whiggers
- The odd folks one meets while dogwalking at Onteora Lake.
09: truly off-grid
- A future where the only high technology is nano-technology.
10: a childhood I can never outgrow
- Windows is always cleaning my room and destroying my productivity.
11: that kind of thing
- Peak Oil and the Drake Equation.
12: Teabag Christmas
- Peeing in a makeshift urinal and watching the boughs bend in the wind.
13: debunkers' bunk
- Failing to be convinced that Peak Oil is not imminent.
14: prolifically atop the earthen hump
- Imagining how terrorists would sabotage an aqueduct.
15: there goes Rosendale
- A great place to walk dogs and a new park, but what about the gentrification?
16: Scrabble by candlelight
- Gretchen was reading my Peak Oil musings when the infrastructure failed.
17: fragrance of old lady
- Losing my appetite as I eat a bag of corn chips that had been handled by an older woman.
18: upbeat hillbilly groove
- Reviews of material from Band of Horses and Calexico.
19: styrofoam sheet disposal
- Now it's in the garage walls.
20: a little slower in changing the channel
- I realize that gas prices are driving most of the new political curiosity in America.
21: piglet in the kitchen
- Extreme weather, a book reading, and little pig comes home for the night.
- What's to become of all the full-grown uneaten pigs?
23: nineteen successive notes no longer
- A review of Wire Post to Wire.
24: very teenage rebellion
- Punk rock will never die so long as there are pissed-off teenage boys.
25: imperfectly-realized sense of empathy
- Flying to the San Fernando Valley and eating lots of sushi.
26: crows and porn
- Walking around in the San Fernando Valley.
27: set of compromises
- Working away from home on the web.
28: only solution is joining
- I'm loaned a car for my LA stay.
29: LA memorial day
- A huge slab of salmon and nary a memory.
30: path to fatness
- Rich food and no need for movement.
31: like a mosquito
- Also, the fancy houses of Calvert Steet in the San Fernando Valley.