01: fourth meal
- An ongoing alcohol fast forces me to eat an additional meal each day.
02: electronic ordeals
- Little errors, sore knees, and electronics conspire to eat up an entire day.
03: delightfully subversive
- Seeing the Borat movie with friends in New York City.
04: fit bodies and tight facelifts
- Cosi Fan Tutte at City Opera.
05: dirt-and-spilled-drinks patina
- A dive bar and a musical in Times Square.
06: feel bad to cannibalize
- Still suffering at the hands of my Arduino solar sufficiency controller.
07: Congratulations Terrorists!
- Election Day, 2006. Also, mistaken for a returning Iraq troop.
08: not to be greedy
- Dinner with our dentist.
09: color of Jerusalem limestone
- When dogs dig for chipmunks I fear they may be trapped.
10: series of luxuries
- Animals being and not being mangled and I enjoy a slight violation of my alcohol fast.
11: more just-in-time hot water
- I start work on a just-in-time system for heating tea water.
12: paperclips and pipe cleaners
- Getting Arduino data into a MySQL database.
13: finding inflection
- Writing code to find interesting moments in my solar data.
14: now caffeine
- I've decided to go cold turkey on caffeine for awhile too.
15: blurry wall of illumination
- No caffeine, no motivation.
16: warm air harvest
- Another trail and collecting some warm November winds.
17: tea buzz
- A slight break in my caffeine fast.
18: drunk, stupid, or both
- Another hunter in the woods, a friend comes to stay, and a party featuring cake and champagne.
19: laps, sun, and fire
- Habitats of Marie the Cat.
20: boiler on
- A cold snap forces me to turn on the boiler for the first time this season.
21: dildonics in razor design
- Comparing and contrasting the Gillette Fusion with an earlier model.
22: hand-waving stops
- The advantage of defining data formats in XML.
23: feet talents
- I learn something about my feet following a completely vegan Thanksgiving.
24: a couple ways stuck
- Can't figure out how to reset a serial port, can't get a bootloader to do anything useful on my Atmega32.
25: foreign key scanner
- Also, a tapeworm scare.
26: full blackness of night arriving at five
- Nice sunny days at this time of year can only be so good.
27: trimming the trees
- No, not for baby Jesus day, to let in some winter sun.
28: ignored but essential
- Sally the Dog can't really function in the woods without knowing I'm nearby.
29: limb abandonment in evergreens
- What I've come to know about the limb shedding behavior of common evergreens.
30: lowland old growth grove
- I finally find an elusive survey point.