01: miracle of steel gossamer
- A view of the Hudson as the 1% does it.
02: cats from Gardener
- We go to a marginal (and doomed) cat rescue for a grey-market pair of adult cats.
03: the idea of screws tapping their own holes
- The air conditioning on the car fails again. And maybe hoping that lag bolts will tap their own holes in aluminum is foolish.
04: conspicuously wrong
- Recharging automotive AC in a parking lot and trying to watch Halt and Catch Fire.
05: cobbled together over the centuries
- Looking at Susan and David's new house, which they closed on today.
06: two more episodes left
- Watching the eighth episode of Fargo. And bringing home 130 pounds of salvaged wood.
07: QuickCheck beers
- Refreshments for a distant Hurley yard sale and a post-art-opening Indian meal.
08: best Broccoli Rabe
- Fresh and tender, straight from the garden.
09: new bear coping strategy for dogs
- Evidently sometimes they just stand there silently and hope not to be noticed.
10: Elka Park
- Visiting some Charlottesville friends at a quirky old Victorian mansion in the Catskills.
11: yet another cat disaster
- I wake up at Elka Park to learn one of our newly-adopted cats removed a screen from a window and escaped out onto a roof. And that wasn't the last bad cat news of the day.
12: showcasing La Florentina
- Taking friends to our favorite Italian restaurant.
13: confession works
- Looking at Uptown Kingston real estate in the rain, and dining with Susan and David on their first night to be spent in their new house.
14: not enough batteries
- I take delivery of a new game camera with a hungry appetite for batteries while Gretchen drives off to Delaware.
15: weeding but no sunflowers
- The garden plots have been hard to love this year.
16: metric icecubes
- A drink after returning cat carriers to a place south of New Paltz.
17: cycling into Kingston
- I evade the dogs and sneak off to town by bicycle to meet Gretchen for a real estate appointment.
18: fast-grown salvaged White Ash
- I count the rings on another massive piece.
19: best sandwiches in the Hudson Valley
- Ray invites me over to enjoy more of his gourmet cooking delights.
20: reminded of a copy of the Book of Mormon
- I hear about some new research published by one of my father's old friends.
21: until they died of starvation
- The dogs refuse to leave the base of a tree that a bear had escaped into.
22: little more than sacks
- A Gypsy Moth outbreak, with a disease to kill the caterpillars.
23: deer with ribs
- Also, three different pizzas.
24: weird stigmata pain
- Unexpected aching in my right foot.
25: prolonged downpour
- Ruining the internet and flooding the greenhouse basement.
26: 140 pounds
- A record backpack load of firewood for a partially-exposed fourth tranche in the woodshed.
27: helpful unnecessary switch
- Fixing my Greenworks 10 inch lithium chainsaw's switch by simply jumpering around the one bad switch (there are two for some reason).
28: fluffy orange cat spotted
- And so a trap is set.
29: between the Deeps
- Swimportunities near Woodstock. And Oscar the Cat reluctantly returns.
30: function for religion
- Two turd sandwiches from the Supreme Court.