01: slightly-blood-tinted fluid
- The state of my plumbing injury.
02: gorgeous state of unfurlment
- Fern fiddleheads in the spring forest. Also, did my mother really set up a trust for my brother?
03: IOUs wiped out by lottery winnings?
- The story of my mother's collection of hundreds of IOUs gets weirder during a call from Virginia.
04: what will Ramona think of Casey
- Contemplating a third dog.
05: wood ducks on Woodworth Lake
- Also, a good way to piss in semi-public when you have a car.
06: ideally I'd have a JSON API
- But even measuring analog values is trick with the household battery.
07: outside of the sash turned in
- How I replaced a broken pane of glass in a second floor window entirely from the inside without bleeding all over the place.
08: 20th Anniversary dinner in Troy
- This annivesary was for our wedding.
09: Washington Park
- Tulips, turtles, wood ducks, and flower thieves.
10: even bad pizza dough can produce a serviceable pizza
- I couldn't find enough yeast, but the pizza was perfectly edible.
11: Casey in Bloomfield
- We visit a prospective canine adoptee.
12: whimper of pure FOMO
- Neville is off chasing a bear while we are trying to leave for the Adirondacks. Also, we meet a new neighbor.
13: teflon tape hell
- A minor fail while trying to install a check valve at the Adirondack cabin.
14: phoebe-induced construction delay
- I find the perfect excuse to procrastinate working on the basement insulation project.
15: ChatGPT makes the world even less mysterious
- A typical use case in my professional life.
16: close encounter with gutter downspout
- A little trouble driving the Forester through the narrow gap adjacent to Ray & Nancy's garage when I'm there to salvage firewood.
17: hundreds of feet of pipe
- A lunchtime drive to Lowes and an afternoon drive to Old Hurley. Also, a painting of a manatee.
18: Bob from the 1930s
- Neville the Dog leads me to a very old man in front of the house.
19: still light out at 8:15pm
- We stop at Bar Vegan on our way to our Adirondack cabin.
20: sprouting beech limbs
- Maybe you can put a beech stake in the ground and it will turn into a tree. Also, multiple hand injuries and stomach distress at the cabin.
21: the edge of solar capability
- It was a little too cloudy at the cabin this weekend to charge the Bolt enough to make it home to Hurley.
22: maybe not branded for life
- My three-week-old injury isn't looking as bad as expected.
23: coyote-fawn incident
- The dogs interfere with a coyote trying to kill a baby deer.
24: Spelling Bee alternatives
- Also, a tiny painting of an orca.
25: sunset over the Ashokan
- Driving back from a Mexican meal in Bearsville, we stop to see the Ashokan from a new angle.
26: Redner's Supermarket
- It's still the 1980s at this grocery store in Pennsylvania.
27: Maple the Dog prefers the outdoors
- Checking in on the grim situation my brother Don is living in in rural Virginia.
28: cider and cannabis in and northwest of Staunton
- Hanging out with my high school friend Eric in and around Staunton.
29: Don goes grocery shopping
- But his trailer is sour with the smell of rotting food.
30: middle-eastern-tinged hours in Charlottesville
- Visiting my childhood friend and eating falafel, among other things.
31: post-apocalyptic salvaging
- I can't find any computer speakers for my brother to attach to his phone.