01: freerange feet
- I learn why my feet look the way they do and I begin ripping up asphalt for a drainage project.
02: robbing the children of curiosity
- Seeing NuChristianity marketed at kids and complaining about grocery labels.
03: Esopus Valley flood
- A hundred year flood isolates us from civilization to the East.
04: jackhammer weather
- I rent an electric jackhammer mostly to cut asphalt but then use it on a rock reef I expose.
05: rockbreaking skill
- Like any other skill, it improves with practice.
06: muddy arm of the sea
- Also, comparing rock obliteration to a martial art.
07: vacation from non-existence
- In which I compare life to a vacation.
08: two sides of Eleanor
- Lassie one moment, a stereotypical Pit Bull the next.
09: shock collar
- I buy a radio-controlled device for dealing out punishments remotely.
10: two adjacent households
- Dining again at the downhill neighbors' house.
11: some sort of miracle
- How can the well supply line avoid being frozen beneath only eight inches of soil in the Catskills?
12: familiarity of that frame
- Some people pay a monthly fee to AOL just so it can serve as a cloying frame around their internet experience.
13: the Magic Flute
- I see Mozart's last opera at the Met in NYC.
14: slightly in one character
- Waking up on the Upper West Side and ending the day with more digging.
15: empty triangular part
- Where to find the bluestone.
16: final phase of flooding response
- It takes two weeks after massive rains and flooding for the drainage tile to be sold out at local hardware stores.
17: majority of our rural enclave
- A dinner party with a handful of our liberal neighbors.
18: subset of my typing fingers
- An experience with unusually caustic concrete.
19: orientational malfunction
- It works but only when it sits a certain way.
20: 4-20 roadtrip
- In which we don't smoke pot while driving to Gretchen's parents' house.
21: afternoon in Adams Morgan
- Again at Meskerem and Tryst.
22: strategic master stroke
- Microsoft and Intel get a free upgrade cycle just from malware, all because Microsoft didn't spend money on perfecting security.
23: food contamination
- Wherein I discuss my contamination neuroses as well as those of Judaism.
24: 33 in New Jersey
- Forced off the turnpike by congestion.
25: new Woodchuck
- An antenna webcam and a brain transplant for my main machine.
26: not that personal reward
- I don't drink a beer after working my ass off all day.
27: kicking butt on Fording Place
- A man yells at me for crossing his scales..
28: more sand
- I gather an enormous amount of sand and gravel at Fording Place and then attend a dinner party in Hurley.
29: Woodstock barbecue
- Where Gretchen gets a teeshirt advocating casino gambling in Woodstock.
30: Nu Metal in the park
- Trying to sneak some bluestone out of a local municipal park, I encounter a potential witness probably at least as concerned about being witnessed as I was.