01: tempeh from fava beans
- It's extra funky, and I mean that in the best possible way.
02: the one who looks at my glasses the most
- Why I might get fancier frames than the ones that would suit me fine.
03: new dog from Brooklyn
- We also get some good vegan soul food and some stepped-on Indian buffet.
- Friends come over to meet our new dog Ramona.
05: not enough toys
- For a hard chewing dog.
06: acid reflux in the City
- I take the bus down to Manhattan and end up punished by my stomach.
07: if the funk means as much
- Making my second batch of fava bean tempeh.
08: warm weather, a close dog, and a possibly-bad yagi
- Wifi experiment in the nearby woods.
09: Ramona not ready for the dump
- I'd like Ramona to have a bit more experience and training before letting her run around in that chaos.
10: boiler off, 2012
- But it's still bone-numbingly cold to do outdoor stuff with one's fingers.
11: March combo birthday party
- And we finally visit Canary Falls.
12: many hours I will never get back
- Marco Polo food at the grand finale for this season's the Bachelor.
13: 75 and peepers
- Also, a good solution to the midlife blahs.
14: pole sawing the widowmaker
- The neighbors offer me a challenging tropical storm blowdown firewood opportunity.
15: trunks down
- Also, an exceptionally good USB WiFi adapter.
16: visual ranging
- Figuring out where on our land we might have a view of Old Hurley.
17: distant view of Old Hurley
- Weird new WiFi hot spots and such when carrying a netbook into the forest.
18: waiting for Waiting for Godot to end
- Suffering through the worst stage drama ever written.
19: Makerbot arrives
- When my expensive birthday present arrives, Gretchen figures she won't be seeing much of me for the next few days.
20: Makerbot day two
- My play gets interrupted by work.
- Makerbot Industies isn't all that similar to Verizon.
22: bow practice
- I'd hadn't fired an arrow since I was a little kid.
23: archery-based tree pruning
- I successfully cut off a branch about sixty feet above the ground using a compound bow and a rope-powered chainsaw.
24: neglected trails and a previously-watched movie
- Sex as an concept in the head of a bright, imaginative six year old is very different from how an adult thinks about it.
25: limits of parsley
- Too much in the couscous. Also, too much doggy energy.
26: return of Bad Rhymes
- Sometimes people just keep coming back into your life unannounced.
27: Gus meets our cats
- A shy Boston Terrier meets his physical equals.
28: celebrate with Indian food
- Hopefully that food is vegan, since the book being celebrated is about animal rights issues.
- I finally get my Makerbot working, but still no good print outs.
30: four rawhides
- One gives Sally some good memories, but ultimately Ramona eats them all.
31: tedious loaf of sanctimony
- Listening again to contemporary Christian rock.