01: stunned junco
- Poor little guy knocks himself out trying to evade the cats. Also, I witness a Trump parade on 9W near the Home Depot.
02: fat red-shouldered hawk
- A strong wind brings a plump raptor.
03: election 2020
- Voting in a global pandemic and then wating for the results.
04: results of 2020 election, day one
- A bad hangover and my worst fears slowly unrealized.
05: results of 2020 election, day two
- Biden is on a path to victory, but otherwise it was a slow-news day.
06: results of 2020 election, day three
- A walk in the woods to get away from page-refresh purgatory.
07: Donald Trump loses
- The day becomes festive starting in the late afternoon.
08: various obscene takes on Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
- Despite a second-day absence of caffeine, I accomplish a few things.
09: Doris Burn memories
- Seeing the pictures that influenced at least part of my life.
10: Sharpie fish
- I augment acrylic paint with the famous felt-tipped pen.
11: trouble at the childhood home
- My aunt Barbara calls me with concerns about my mother.
12: reverted to fonder memories
- Supposedly my mother, in her dementia, no longer thinks she and I are estranged.
13: falafel and the Vow
- Yummy carry-out combined with a documentary of a multilevel sexual abuse racket.
14: sidewalk lupper in New Paltz
- The pandemic's lingering into cold weather makes eating out less comfortable than it had been.
15: unwanted diphenhydramine
- My acetaminophen turns out to be a nighttime cocktail containing something to make me sleep.
16: finished tub filler
- But it's not quite level.
17: citalopram and caffeine
- The former makes me less able to drink the latter.
18: much better level
- Satisfying my OCD in the bathtub. Or maybe it's just the citalopram talking.
19: tall tales in Staunton
- She had a hallucination that had me and Gretchen and others with boxes on our heads.
20: things in Staunton approaching critical
- It's just a matter of time before I will have to return to Virginia. Also eating take-out pizza and watching another NXIVM documentary.
21: white ash for the indoor firewood supply
- This time it's from just across Dug Hill Road.
22: most expensive car battery
- Also, going with Powerful to an estate sale northwest of Albany Avenue.
23: screaming poverty
- A vexing electrical problem at one of the rental houses.
24: wire routing and plaster walls
- It's brutal, but possible.
25: Thanksgiving eve in a pandemic
- Somehow my boss makes me do work.
26: Thanksgiving 2020
- Lots of brown food, three people and a late guest, and a coyote.
27: two pies for breakfast
- Spending Friday like an extended Saturday, sitting in front of a fire and grazing on leftovers.
28: rape in the 1970s
- Also, the meagre art supplies at a Joann Fabrics & Crafts
29: late November fire pit
- Neville nips a neighbor, but otherwise we have a successful outdoor cold-weather experience.
30: torrential November rains
- Some progress finding help for my mother. And flooding is no longer so bad on the rare occasions it happens in the basement.