01: installing damaged flooring and eating peanut stew
- Natalie comes over and we eat the stew in front of the television.
- The appalling narcissism and ignorance of YouTube influencers.
03: without being enveloped by a fireball
- After trudging through the snow to our cabin, we discover the oven had been leaking a small amount of gas for the last week.
04: Nate the snowplow guy
- We decide to pay him to plow our driveway all season.
05: attactive-looking firewood for the cabin
- Also, buying a toilet for the upstairs bathroom.
06: heavy reliance on subscriber methods
- It's the most satisfaction I've gotten from this complex web app I've been cursed with for nearly two years.
07: liking a Subaru in Tillson
- It looks like we have a replacement for our old dying Subaru Legacy Outback.
08: one last heist
- An unplanned mid-week visit to the Adirondack cabin.
09: junk drawer on wheels
- Unloading the old Subaru before trading it in.
10: Spicy Mint
- We discover a great Indian restaurant in an Albany strip mall near a strip-mall college.
11: a moment of nice weather
- If you don't take adavantage of it as it is happening, you'll miss the whole thing.
12: scraps of Schluter Ditra
- Underlayment in the upstairs bathroom at the cabin.
13: super ethnic pasta sauce
- What we did when I made pasta when we were almost out of marinara sauce.
14: vaguely Australia-shaped
- Another piece of bluestone for the cabin's walkways.
15: as well as ambien
- It takes pseudoephedrine at the minimum to debug certain tax calculation algorithms.
16: two hours between Kingston and New Paltz
- Just one bad traffic jam inserts two hours into a drive to Washington, DC.
17: a sapling-like milkweed in late December in Washington
- I'm told they haven't had their frost yet.
18: Arlington Costco
- My first experience in this particular retailer.
19: from Washington to the Adirondacks
- Hauling furniture back to the cabin.
20: trying to work from the cabin
- My boss is annoyed when I try to work remotely from the Adirondacks.
21: outsourced cleaning jihad
- Gretchen blows $500 to have a deep-clean provided by professionals.
22: greeted by a snow squall
- The weather was uneventful until I stopped at the Home Depot in Amsterdam.
23: dividing up the deer leg at the lake cabin
- Also, the solar panels get installed but not turned on.
24: serious mask wearing at the Gloversville Walmart
- Unexpectedly, this demographic appears to be taking the omicron variant seriously.
25: covidmas #2
- Our second Christmas with covid and Powerful.
26: just Neville and I go to the Adirondacks
- For whatever reason, Ramona decides to stay home.
27: a sad chirp
- The solar installtion people seem befuddled while a pathetic sound issues from the inverter.
28: a series of failures and mistakes
- A bad VPN connection leads to me getting stuck in the snow and needing to call a manipulative tow truck company in Gloversville.
29: tire chains in New York
- Are they legal? An Autozone employee says yes and thats why he doesn't stock them. But he's wrong.
30: should be good for twenty years
- Expanding the media server's storage for the first time in nearly five years.
31: last day of 2021
- PEX fittings, exotic beers, and the last pizza from Little Anthony's in Albany.